Sunday, July 14, 2013

Courage

Hello readers! Let me talk to you today about a little thing called courage...so this Saturday I decided to do my first Shirtless Cardio Saturday (running in a sports bra) as part of my what you eat in private you wear in public approach. I ate ridiculously clean this week and decided that since I am back in training for September 21st it really can only go up from here. So I did it I took off my shirt and honestly I was more scared to do that then to walk out on stage in front of 1000 people in my tiny bikini. I don't know why but it was scary and it took a lot of courage. One quote that has really stuck out to me this week is this:
I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. --Nelson Mandela 

I feel like this week I triumphed over something that even when I was in my best shape scared me to death. However I know that I have been working so hard and nothing will stand in my way this time and being afraid is pointless. I can accomplish my goals no matter how long it may take or what obstacles I have to overcome. Again another quote that has been on my mind a lot this week is: 
I may not be the strongest
I may not be the fastest 
But I will be damned if I am not trying my hardest. 

This is the life style I have chosen to take myself on and everyday through the battle in my head of why are you doing this to your self I remember the feeling I had on that stage and knowing that in that single moment I had done everything I possibly could to be proud. Even though this journey has been incredibly hard...who am I kidding? This is the HARDEST thing I have ever done every second, drop of sweat, sore muscle, restless nights sleeps, awnry times, it is all worth it. My husband asked me the other day if Sasha (my trophy haha) was really worth it. I believe that it is...I finally have a greater cause to work towards that is just for me and no one can ever take this away from me. So as I made my family an amazing dinner of Parmesan honey chicken, homemade rolls, salad, and an amazing smelling chocolate cake and debated about "cheating" to have some I decided to write down why I love this and my feelings from this week instead. It is worth it, it is just food and when I am done sure I can have some.  I have never been more empowered and ready to kick butt. Bring on September and October because I am going to be a force to be reckoned with and I can't wait! If you want to participate in my Shirtless Cardio Saturday do it! Tag that on instagram and tell me about it go do something this week that challenges you and pushes you out of your comfort zone because you are worth it! Xoxo-- Akundis


2 comments:

  1. I love you girl!! You inspire me every single day, thanks for sharing your thoughts, successes and even struggles, because it makes me realize we all struggle with living this lifestyle and that's ok sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment im going through a hard time in life and trying to push myself to workout and eat right. Many days I feel week mentally and emotionally. Hope that when the storm is done I can keep the focus and conquer my goals. Thanks for your quote its a good one.

    ReplyDelete