Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Beginning

Hello there! My name is Annie and I am starting a blog about my journey to doing a Physique Competition. I am currently 29 days away from it and freaking out! I needed to do something productive today and I wanted to start this blog. So a little background on me since August of 2012 I have gone from 29% body fat down to 17% body fat (measured today) which is awesome. I am trying to be at 12-14% for this first competition. Originally it was supposed to be 10-12 but I don't see that happening in 29 days but you never know! I named my blog the Purple Bikini because that is the color of my bikini for this first competition so it just seems fitting. So here is where this story should really begin...it begins this January when I met with Sandy Hancock (if you are looking to do one of these competitions call her!) when I decided that I needed some serious help getting in shape for this competition. Let me just say that the past 9 weeks have been the HARDEST thing I have ever done in my entire life. I have not had any sugar or wheat or gluten or dairy, nothing at all and it has been hard. I also do two a days at the gym so lifting and cardio. It makes me feel good when I can do the cardio and lifting all the way but can't walk down the stairs after...the you know you worked your butt off feeling yeah its fun! It has been an uphill battle for sure I was "healthy" before this but I have never been eating and keeping myself as healthy as I am now. It really does feel great .I am nervous however that I won't get my body fat down or be ready in time for this upcoming competition and honestly that scares me and makes me really, really sad. I have worked so freaking hard for this and wish my body was responding the way I want it to. Either way I can't give up now if I don't do April then I will compete in June but for now I am competing in April and I am gonna kick butt doing it! I love going to the gym and I love the feeling of knowing that I am living each day with purpose and that I honestly can do anything! Try living like this for a few weeks and you will feel like you can do anything too! Getting more and more excited by the day only 29 days to go! Gotta kick it in high gear. Maybe when I feel braver I will post pictures up here too haha. Xoxo -Akundis    #beastmodeon

No comments:

Post a Comment